Monday, February 18, 2008

Water Heater Blues

The curse of the Thames Ditton boiler has followed me to Lakewood.

While living in the corporate villa in Thames Ditton, we had constant problems with the boiler. It got to a point where I just automatically walked downstairs to check the boiler before even thinking of getting into the shower… I mean, what was the point? Two-days-out-of-three there would be no hot water because the pilot would go out nearly every night.

My water heater has been pretty dependable for as long as I have owned my home, but of late, I have had to relight the pilot more regularly than I would have liked to have done. So, I am now getting into the habit of going downstairs first thing to see if the pilot is on or off when I get up.

This morning it was lit, but the last two days it was out. Needless to say, I am looking at getting a new water heater. This time, however, I am thinking that I will get one of the tankless models. They're more energy efficient and smaller so there will be more room in my utility room.

I'll update you as the project progresses.

Wherever you are this morning, I hope that you're doing well!

Don Bergquist – February 18, 2008 – Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: