Friday, February 08, 2008

Colorado Compact

Dear Sir or Madam,

I can certainly understand if you believe that the rules do not apply to you, but come on! But the in front of your car quite clearly reads “COMPACT CARS ONLY.” Do you, the owner of this SUV or that F150, really believe that their behemoths fall into that category?

The pick-up is touching the wire with its grill and still is hanging over into the aisle by a couple feet, the Pathfinder is over the lines on both sides. I know that the owner of the lot is really the only person who is being ripped-off here, by parking over the lines of the stalls (into which my Hybrid only just fits) and effectively taking-up two-or-three spaces the owner of the lot is losing revenue, but the owner of the SUV has blocked in the guy parked next to him.

His door is near the car to the point that the driver’s side door cannot open more than three inches. I had to climb over the gear shift to get into my car! What was he thinking!? Were I a vindictive sort, I would have keyed his obviously brand new toy!

But I am not. I guess that these people must truly believe that these gargantuan gas-guzzlers are compact cars. Why else would they have parked here?

Wankers!

Wherever you are today, I hope you’ll show a bit of consideration for the people around you.

Don Bergquist – February 08, 2008 – Denver, Colorado, USA

No comments: