Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Meetings

It's always a pleasure meeting new people. Last night, I met a friend's girlfriend. It was far too short a time to spend. Mike, Mary Dawn and I sat at a little "brand x" Mexican restaurant and chatted. It was fun sharing stories, talking about the places we both had lived, and just generally chit-chatting.

It was a pleasant way to spend an early evening but over far too soon! My friends had a long drive home last night and so we parted around six thirty. They headed west and I headed south. On the way home, I stopped for a few groceries and ran into an old colleague of mine that I have not seen in years. I was looking for the lentils (I'm so jonesing for some dahl!) when I heard a voice call "Don?"

She was one of my colleagues that I had trained a few mergers ago… We stood amid the rice and dry beans chatting and catching up. She told me that she is getting married next month; I told her that I now have a dog and that I had spend some time abroad. Her fiancĂ© came up with their basket while we where chatting. She introduced him and we exchanged a few pleasantries. Then we said "good evening" and went our separate ways.

Saga was glad to see her daddy home. She was even happier when, just after taking her for a walk down to the lake, her daddy started cooking something. Was it something for her?

She'll have to wait and see since it won't be ready until tonight.

Wherever you are, I wish you some pleasant meetings today!

Don Bergquist – February 27, 2008 – Lakewood, Colorado, USA

2 comments:

Hyperspider said...

Must be a slow blog day, when you blog about chatting with Mary Dawn and I. :)

But yes, it was good catching up.

Unknown said...

How should I respond to that comment? There are so many choices!

1) Yes, it was a slow day…
2) You have a high opinion of yourself… you seem to fail to have noticed that I mentioned meeting with another couple that night as well…
3) Nah! Time with friends is always a high priority thing with me…

I think I will go with:

Thanks for the comment, Mike, glad to see someone is reading my random rants!

djb