Thursday, February 14, 2008

Snowy Morning

One good thing about the estimates of the amount of snow we're going to have varying so widely is it makes it so much easier for the weatherman to get it right! The predictions varied from 01" – 03" early yesterday morning to 04" – 08" in last night's news.

When Saga woke me up to tell me that the coyotes were singing (this morning around two) I looked out to placate her and noticed that the grass was still visible below. (So much for the snowstorm, I thought, and returned to bed.)

Just minutes ago, as we went out for our walk in the park, my feet got soaked! The snow was deep enough to come up above my ankles in the park. The snow on the table out on the patio is about 4" deep. Saga wanted to explore more than I would have thought as she hates the cold and the wet, but there it was! She went bounding through the weeds along the path darting all over; going to the fullest extent that the flexi-lead would let her run.

We were out there for about half an hour and the snow is still coming down. Poor dear, she was so cold when we got back in that I rapped her up in a blanket to get her to warm up faster. Then I headed-upstairs to take a nice long, hot shower. Ah! Inside, warm, and dry on a snowy day!

Bliss! The snow is still falling out there and it is lovely to watch it collect in the boughs of the spruce outside my office window. But I suppose I should turn to my work computer now and get with it!

Wherever you are, I hope you're having a beautiful morning!

Don Bergquist – February 14, 2008 – Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: