Saturday, February 23, 2008

Another Day – Another Nap!

I am just not getting better fast enough for me! I am sure that what I had was a touch of flu. After two days of sleeping in and taking cold medication, it seems to be abating, but I am taking no chances. I think I am going to spend a good part of the day in bed.

Saga has been a dear! She allows me to sleep and only comes to wake me when she needs to go out or to check on me. Yesterday, I woke from a nap to find her curled-up under my arm napping. When I awoke and looked over at her, she lifted her nose, inspected me, gave me a little, half-asleep lick in the tip of my nose, and went back to her nap, assured that I was still there to feed her.

I sometimes wonder: If she could figure-out how to work the Tupperware and the front doorknob, would she still need me? But then there are moments like this and I know that she really cares.

Wherever you are today, I hope you are with the one(s) you love and that you are feeling well.

Don Bergquist – February 23, 2008 – Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: