Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Surprise!

Well, there goes that plan!

I had hoped to get in early this morning and get some paperwork done. But the snowstorm that was supposed to pass north of the state hit us straight on. When Saga and I went out this morning the skies were clear. She barked at the coyotes in the park and re-established her ownership of the greenbelt. Half-an hour later as I was finishing my preparation for getting into the office, the news said that the snow was falling in earnest.

Looking outside in the yard, there were two inches of snow. The roads were a mess! Knowing that my car gets horrid traction in the snow, I opted for the bus. Good thing too! The back-ups on Wadsworth and US-6 were impressive. There were a couple times that we passed a car in the ditch.

In the office, I caught-up on my paperwork and tried to get through the backlog of email and headed out. This evening I am doing laundry and continuing to get on with my unpacking. Coming home is so much work!

Wherever you are today, I hope all your surprises were pleasant ones!

Don Bergquist – November 28, 2007 – Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: