Monday, November 05, 2007

Arrival

The flight was good. We arrived before schedule. The bags came up without too much of a wait. Terry drove, Angie navigated and the drive to the flat was over soon. Upon our arrival, Phil and Lucy had a dinner all laid-out for us. It was wonderful.

We shared wine and conversation and turned-in late. I slept well. This morning, I tried to sleep in. I was awake at five thirty. After tossing and turning a bit I got a drink of water and tried to sleep again. Then I got my iPod, listened to some music, and read until about seven.

With the first stirrings of my friends at about 07:30, I was able to locate the keys and let myself out of the locked gate and head out to explore the complex of flats we have let for the next two weeks. It is a lovely area. We're on a bay just east of Chaka's Rock between Ballito and Salt Rock.

The beach here is a rocky, boulder beach overlooking the Indian Ocean. After finding my way to a nice perch on a boulder, I watched the tide come in. After a dip in the pool, I walked down to Chaka's Rock to step my feet in the water of the Indian Ocean. What a pleasant way to spend a morning!

This afternoon, we have a couple shopping excursions in the works and then off to the pub in one of the local towns. More on that tomorrow...

Wherever you are today, I hope you’re doing something new and interesting.

Don Bergquist – 05 November 2007 – Ballito, South Africa

No comments: