Saturday, November 10, 2007

Sleeping In

I didn't get up 'til almost 07:30 this morning. The first thing I did was to unpack the computer, offload my pictures and start looking at them. I think I go some really nice pictures!

I then spent most of the morning while the rest of the group slept in drinking coffee, working on my pictures, and catching-up, transferring the notes I had kept of the safari into the document I am writing for updating my blog when I return to London.

The maid showed-up just before ten. I asked her if she could have waited as my friends were still asleep but she didn't seem to understand the question. She wiped few surfaces, made the bed, and pushed a dust mop over part of the floor and left.

Remaining notes from the Safari: Drivers here are crazy! The things they do on the roads disturb and amaze me! There were a number of times the drivers ahead of us came perilously close to disaster yesterday on our ride back. People here seem to take a very caviler view of when they need to clear the road. A couple times, we saw people just sauntering across the motorway!

Phil and Lucy are returning this afternoon from their trip to Kruger and we'll compare notes, swap stories, and go to the pub. (Though, not necessarily in that order...) We've ordered a curry for tonight. I am sure this will be one hell of a day. It is getting on in the morning, I am off for a swim.

Wherever you are today, I hope you'll have an excellent day!

Don Bergquist – 10 November 2007 – Ballito, South Africa

No comments: