Sunday, November 18, 2007

Penultimate Morning

On a beautiful Sunday morning, I went down to Chaka's Rock and put my feet into the India Ocean for what may be the last time of this trip. The morning is just as bright and beautiful as yesterday was bleak and oppressive.

Your humble reporter had walked down to the beach to swim in the surf for one last time. Unfortunately, the surf was far too powerful for that. I could feel the undertow undermining the sand from my feet as I stood there. What is the old saying? "Discretion is the better part of valor."

I wet my feet and shins, then walked back to the flat, and showered. We have been invited to a traditional South African braai this afternoon. A couple that Lucy and Phil have known or a while have invited us over. It should be a good afternoon.

Lucy and Phil head back to London this evening. The rest of us are headed back in the afternoon tomorrow. I had best get ready for the afternoon's festivities. So for now, have a good day!

Wherever you find yourself today, I hope you're having a great day!

Don Bergquist – 18 November 2007 – Ballito, South Africa

No comments: