Saturday, September 22, 2007

Saturday

There is just something about a Saturday morning that makes one feel like a kid again! Perhaps it is the freedom to do whatever strikes your fancy, perhaps it is the knowledge that you have no agenda that you didn’t make yourself, perhaps it is the inane cartoons on the television that draw you in and hold you captive for the morning.

Whatever it is, there is something magical about a Saturday morning. Especially one as lovely as today is. I have the doors to the garden open and am listening to the television in the background as I am downloading the podcasts I will listen to today on my bike ride. (Yes, what Saturday morning would be complete without hearing my mom's voice in my head: "It's a lovely day out! Go out and play!)

I'm even blowing off doing the garden today because, there's always a weekday evening for that.

Wherever you are today, I hope that you're having a lovely Saturday morning!

Don Bergquist – 22 September 2007 – Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: