Sunday, September 23, 2007

Autumn

Well, the year has turned full circle again! The day/night terminator has gone nearly vertical again across the map on my world clock program; the autumn is truly on its way! The days are starting later and the nights are getting longer. It will soon be autumn again in the United Kingdom.

I think of the year beginning and ending at this time of the year of late because it is this time of the year in which I first saw the United Kingdom. My first view of the UK was on a cold, clear day in November 2004, a day much like today. A day which was cold and clear and beautiful; a day on which it was far too nice out to be sitting at this damn computer!

I think I will get out the bicycle and go for a nice long ride! I have nothing planned for the day and except for the wind, the day is perfect for being out and about.

Wherever you are today, I hope you’re having a day that is perfect for whatever you have planned! (…if you, in fact have anything planned!)

Don Bergquist – 23 September 2007 – Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: