Friday, September 14, 2007

24-Hour Bug

Thank god this is a 24-hour bug!

With the exception of a trip to the supermarket this afternoon to allow the house cleaner time to get through the floor my bedroom is on, I have been asleep more-or-less the entire time since three-o'clock yesterday afternoon.

It is now just after ten and I've awakened to have a cup of bouillon and some toast while letting Saga out for her evening inspection of the back garden. I'm thoroughly whipped and headed back to bed once she has been given her evening cookie.

This bug has been making the rounds of the office for the past couple weeks and I've been lucky to have escaped getting it this long. So, yesterday when the sinus headache started and my throat started getting sore, I left.

On returning home, I took some Vitamin C, Echinacea, a Zinc lozenge or two and a carton of grapefruit juice and headed up stairs to go to bed. Last night the chills and shakes set-in and this morning, the body aches.

Right now, I'm feeling much better but still not feeling up to much activity. I think I shall head back up to bed and take a nap.

Wherever you are today, I hope you're well. I wish you health!

Don Bergquist – 14 September 2007 – Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: