Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Last Night In Town?

I cannot believe we are nearly half-way through September already!

I am thinking about it because my boss and I had dinner last night. Martin is over on his way back to the states from the International Broadcasting Convention (IBC) in Amsterdam.

At dinner last night we were chatting and he asked me if I had any plans for trips abroad in the works. That got me thinking: I had had the grand plan to make a side-trip each month. I guess I let that slide and now I am less than two months from the end of this trip and whether the trip and/or the assignment gets extended (yet again) is uncertain. I've not heard so I am steadying myself to the realization that I may be headed home to the states at the end of my holiday. (That puts me back in the states for the holidays.)

But this is not the first time I was convinced that I was headed home for good. Every time I have been told I was leaving, I was right back here again before my seat in the testing team office was cold.

It reminds me of that song by Ben Folds Five: Steven's Last Night In Town. Every time they think that I'm gone, I come back again. (I'm just hoping that it's not wearing thin with my friends and mates back here!) I guess the thing to do is to start thinking of every day as if it were my last in the UK and get to doing the things I want to do while still over here.

Ah! The possibilities!

Wherever you are today, I hope you're taking full advantage of the day!

Don Bergquist – 12 September 2007 – Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: