Tuesday, February 13, 2007

A Welcome To A New Blogger!

A friend of mine has recently started blogging. Tony has started a blog to document his travels. Today, he's posted a picture that he could not identify. It is, I believe the same building that appears in the lower left/central part of this picture.

As many of you know, I started my blog about two years ago when I started coming over here on business regularly. It was originally an attempt to communicate regularly to my family back in the states and let them know what I was up to.

It was also a way to try and out-do my brother who, on a business trip, went and took a cap to the Taj Mahal. He sent back a letter with pictures and stories of the trip. He has had some great adventures on his travels. Too bad so many of them are classified and he cannot tell us or he'd have to kill us.

Anyway, welcome to the new blogger! Tony posted a picture he could not identify. Being somewhat familiar with London, I was familiar with it. Here is the response I posted to his blog.

The picture you cannot identify is the Palace Guard Barracks.

Tony,

You're picture you cannot identify is the west face of the Palace Guards Barracks building. Unless I totally am turned around, you were standing on Horse Guard Road with your back to St. James Park. Buckingham Palace is behind you, The Admiralty is to your left (north) and the cabinet, #10 Downing Street and The Foreign Office are all to your right (south).

When you are watching The Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace, this is where the new guard comes from. They leave this entrance, turn right, and then left at The Mall and head up to Buckingham Palace. You can hear the bagpipes from here across St. James Park at the palace.

I have been spending WAY too much time here!

Don

I hope that wherever you are today, you're comfortable in your surroundings.

Don Bergquist - 13 February 2007 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK


(A link to Tony's Blog has been added to the links table to the right of this post.)

No comments: