Friday, February 09, 2007

Travelers Return

My friends from Molesey returned from Brazil yesterday.

They've been away for the past three weeks and for much of that time, Saga and I were watching Terry and Angie's place. They should be pleased to see that Saga now owns their back garden and the foxes have been evicted; glad to see that the damn cats from the neighborhood are shying away from their herb garden.

I cooked a big pot of stew and had them over for dinner to celebrate their return. I figured that after being away for so long, the last thing they'd want to do was go straight out and shop for food and cook a meal.

It was a perfect night for stew in that it was cold and rainy; and the evening flew by with tales of the road. It is good to have my friends back home!

I hope that wherever you are today, you are surrounded by your friends and/or family!

Don Bergquist - 09 February 2007 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: