Friday, February 02, 2007

An Early Spring?

I don't think you need to be Punxsutawney Phil to be able to predict the weather. At least not if you are here in the UK…

The cyclic nature of the rain bands means that you can pretty much bet that there will be at least one rainy day in every three. Clouds will obscure the skies more often than not, and the weather will be cool for most of the year except when it is really hot. (There are very few days that are that happy medium here but when they come, we all get out and enjoy them!)

I mention this not just because it is Groundhog Day and I am betting that Phil will not see his shadow; I just really believe that winter is coming to an end here in the London. I am thinking of starting to make room in my closet for the occasional Hawaiian shirt.

C'mon, I know that it is only the second of February and the moment I start thinking to myself that winter is over we'll get slammed, but I really think that it is starting early this year. We have daffodils growing in the parks. The mud boots are getting regular use as people go walking, and one gets the feeling that unlike the old song says, spring will be early this year.

So here's to an early and wet spring! We really need the water!

I hope that wherever you are, your day is beautiful, whatever the weather happens to be!

Don Bergquist - 02 February 2007 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: