Thursday, February 15, 2007

Strange and Backward Ways!

Today, in accordance with the customs that are practiced in the office I have been attached to for the past year, I have baked cakes. Tomorrow, being my birthday, I will be out of the office on holiday - that is vacation to those of us from the states.

I've found some very cheap tickets and am headed to The Netherlands for the weekend. Because I will be out on Saturday and unable to post, I'll pre-post an article that I wrote recently for that purpose. Check my blog this weekend for what brings London to a stand-still!

As for today, I've brought-in a carrot cake and a Victorian sandwich (a sponge cake stuffed with jam and lemon curd) to celebrate my birthday with my colleagues. I guess that though this is a rather quaint and old-worldly (Doesn't that sound better than "Strange and Backward?") there are benefits to this practice of bringing your own cake. You are sure to get a cake you like! And, if you don't want to have a fuss made over your birthday, just don't make a cake! Anyway, I suppose it is time to get to the office! Have a great day!

I hope that wherever you are you have something to celebrate today!

Don Bergquist - 15 February 2007 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: