Friday, January 05, 2007

Yule Blog: Feast of St. Talida

At least it is an interesting cold! Most colds start in the head and migrate to the chest, start in the chest and migrate to the head, or start simultaneously in both areas and just stay put. The cold that is going around seems to be into bungee jumping. It keeps bouncing back and forth and just never seems to go away!

There are a number of people at the office that have the same cold. I guess I must have weakened my system with all the bicycle riding in the cold, wind and rain. (It can't possibly be all the partying over the holidays, now could it! Alcohol kills germs!) I succumbed to the cold either on New Year's Eve or New Year's Day. A friend said I sounded a bit horse at the New Year's Eve party, but I assumed that was because I had second-handed about a pack of cigarettes that evening!

It is strange, most of the time I feel just fine. But periodically, a fit of coughing comes over me. Then I get to feeling fine again. Sometimes I take a cough lozenge other times, it just goes away. Then later, the sniffles and congestion come back! It is a truly strange cold. I guess I should really spend some time in bed and try and get over it, but who has the time?

I how wherever you are today you're feeling well!

Don Bergquist - 05 January 2007 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: