Sunday, January 28, 2007

Sunday in the Village

It was a lovely morning for a walk. Of course, it got cloudy as the day went on.

I went out with my cameras this morning and walked over to the Hampton Court Palace. I had seen a few things in bloom that I thought would be a good over the week while riding along and wanted to head out with my cameras to get them in digital format.


The first thing I came across was a holly bush in berry. Hollies grow all over this area and look so lovely. They are also incredibly prickly and hard to move out of your way when trying to get a picture of a specific bunch of berries with the greenery. I love the look of Holly! It is so Christmas-y. Why? I don't know. It is not even in berry in December in this part of the world.

Then, right at the train station, the used car dealer had balloons out for the cars that they were hawking. I got these against the sky. They looked so festive with the sun shining on them and the pure azure sky behind them. There were only a couple cars that had balloons on them but this bunch was the one that had the fewest things in the background.

At the top of this article is a link to the rest of the pictures that I took this morning.

A bit later on, I came across some ivy that was growing along the side of the road. The ivy was almost (but not completely) obscuring the fence it was growing on. (Ivy seems to be like London's Kudzu; it is ubiquitous and grows no matter how badly you treat it!) The leaves (because it was still pretty early in the day) were covered in the morning dew. Finding one perfect leaf with a nice sheen of dew on it was a bit time consuming. Some of the ones I found were not lit properly, some looked great and were lit right but were obscured by the leaves around it. I finally found this one.


This afternoon, some friends called and asked if I wanted to go to one of the local pubs for a beer. I think I will be headed out for a while and having a quick one with my friends and then get home to Saga.

I hope wherever you are, you're having a great weekend!

Don Bergquist - 28 January 2007 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: