Thursday, January 04, 2007

Yule Blog: Feast of St. Elizabeth

The days are flying by! Have you ever heard someone say that the older you get the faster the days go? Well, I think it is definitely true! Every day seems to go just a little bit faster. Every day seems to be just a little bit busier. Everybody I meet seems to be a little more rushed.

The winds have returned. According to the weather last night, the storm system that dropped Denver to its knees about a week ago has finally hit us here in London. The main affect has been the wind, but there was a fair bit of rain as the storm front passed. Yesterday at lunch I noticed that the tables on the dock on the river-front of Ye Olde Swann were up to their seats in water. The flood surge passed quickly and the top of the dock is dry again.

I am getting quite the workout riding anywhere these days, however, as it seems gale force winds are blowing into my face regardless of where I am riding and in which direction! It is a special treat to ride with Saga's trailer which acts like a sail! Oh well, it is sure to be an exciting time whenever one takes to the roads in London!

I hope wherever you are today, the wind is at your back and you're pedaling towards home!

Don Bergquist - 04 January 2007 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: