Monday, January 15, 2007

Sunday in the Park

What a lovely day yesterday!

Unlike Saturday, which was cold and drizzly all day, Sunday was absolutely lovely!

Saga and I got out and took to the park in Long Ditton. It is the first time I have taken Saga to the park in my neighborhood and she loved it! She now owns the Long Ditton Park, as she peed on everything there. (That is how dogs acquire property, you know!

In the park, Saga showed that she is getting used to the idea that there are other dogs around that she has to deal with. The park had a number of people walking their dogs in it (many of them off-lead) and they all wanted to come-up and meet the new dog in the village. Saga was excellent! She came immediately back to me and pressed herself against my leg to make sure that Daddy was protected. There was no chance that any of these dogs who bark funny were going to harm her Daddy!

After our walk, I had a friend over for dinner. I made a crock pot full of chili and brown rice. By sundown the weather had already started to change to the heavy overcast and occasional sprinkling rain that is expected all day. But it really doesn’t matter. I have a bunch of work that I have piling-up on my desk. So I guess I had best get to the office and start in on it.

I hope wherever you are today, you've had a great weekend and you have had a great weekend and can start your week on a positive note!

Don Bergquist - 15 January 2007 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: