Saturday, January 13, 2007

Ah! Saturday!

Saturday, Rainy Saturday! The weekend is upon us and it is looks to be every bit as unpleasant has it has been all week. All week I have been riding into the next-but-one village, Tolworth, to watch a friend's dog while they are out of the country on holiday.

It has been a good time, but it has been rainy, cold and windy for the entire time that they have been away. Elaine and her family will be returning today so I have ridden back to Thames Ditton from Tolworth for the last time (for the time being…) This morning, I woke-up, dealt with Daisy and made sure that the house looked good for their return and then mounted my bike for the ride home. I arranged my trip to take my past Sainsbury's on the way home as it was nearly 08:00 when I left. But the rain started falling shortly after I got into the grocery store. It was pouring by the time I got out. So, instead of the ride I was going to take, through Kingston and Bushy Park, I headed straight home.

It has been raining all morning, on and off now. So I have decided to take a nice, quiet weekend at home, reading.

I hope that you have a wonderful, relaxing weekend wherever you are this weekend!

Don Bergquist - 13 January 2007 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: