Saturday, October 14, 2006

The Weekend Is Underway!

What the heck am I doing indoors on such a lovely day?

It is about ten in the morning, Saturday and I have already been for a fifteen mile ride. The day is gorgeous! I didn't sleep well last night for some reason that I cannot suss out. I was up at three this morning and try as I might, I could not get back to sleep. So eventually (about five hours later) I got out of bed and started getting active for the day.

Around eight-thirty I headed out for a nice long ride. The roads were clear and dry. There is very little traffic this morning. This afternoon I am heading over to a friend's place to visit. But today I have some very important things to do. I have to go out and buy some clothing.

One of the unfortunate side-affects of all this bike riding is that the clothing I have with me seems to be stretching. (Either that or the two-and-a-half stone I have lost means I am much smaller... take your pick.)

So, with the change of season and the fact that none of my clothing is fitting well any more, it is time to buy some clothing. Oh, and this does not change the fact that I still hate to shop! I am hoping to get the things I need as quickly as possible.

I hope that wherever you are today, you have a great day.

Don Bergquist - 14 October 2006 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: