Saturday, October 21, 2006

Between the Fronts

It has been a lovely day, in turns. The weather was perfect for staying in bed this morning. I woke-up, rolled over, and looked out the window. It was gray, rainy, and miserable. It was the type of day that makes having a book to read and a comfy space in bed or on curled-up on the sofa. I did what anyone would at a time like this, I napped. By the time I woke-up the second time, the rain had passed and a lovely day beckoned.

The second time I got up, it was lovely and I ran through my morning preparations and headed out for a day's ride. Seeing how the weather report proposed a new frontal system coming in by the evening, I decided to get as many miles under my wheels as I could before the end of the inviting weather. It was a lovely ride!

The weather maintained a lovely, warm, windy day until shortly after 13:00. I took a brief break on the banks of the Thames around lunch time and on a whim, I decided to take the ferry across. (Going all the way up to Hampton Court would have added about forty-five minutes to my trip an, well, I was getting a bit tired.

I was half a mile from the end of my ride when the skies opened. It came down out of nowhere! (Well, I guess technically, it came out of up... but you know what I mean. It was sudden and there was no warning.)

I'm now curled-up on the couch. I've gotten home, put the bike away, taken a good, hot shower and gotten into my robe. I'm sitting here with my laptop writing today's entry and once I go and post this to the web, I think I'll sit here with my coffee and my book for the rest of the day! I guess if you look at it the right way, the weather has been perfect all most all day for what I wanted to do at the time.

I hope wherever you are today, you have perfect weather, for whatever it is you want to do.

Don Bergquist - 21 October 2006 - East Molesey, Surrey, UK

No comments: