Friday, June 30, 2006

Back in the Saddle Again!

I have got to clean-out my storage room when I get home!

Here in Thames Ditton, it is so easy to ride my bike. I keep it under the front stairs and it is a simple matter of just pulling it out of its cove, putting on the correct protective gear, and going. Of course, there is also the fact that it is nearly compulsory that I ride my bike daily here that helps get me get out and riding.

At home, it is just so easy to drive everywhere. Here, not having a car, it isn't. I could ride my bike to the store at home like I do here, but then, when it gets cold and snowy, I am pretty sure, that practice would end.

One of the reasons I do not ride more often at home is that my storage room is a mess! I have been cramming things in there (the shelves are all full) and haphazardly tossing things that need storing in there in the false hope that they will magically store themselves out of the way so that I can still get to my bicycle. So far, that plan hasn't been too fruitful!

It does feel good to get riding again. I am averaging about twenty miles of bike riding a day and feeling great! I have even discovered a couple little-used roads (quite back roads leading to footpaths) that I can take and not have to worry too much about the cars!

I hope that wherever you are today, you too get the chance to get out there and move! It feels so good!

Don Bergquist - 30 June 2006 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: