Monday, June 26, 2006

A Good Day to Travel

A lovely morning is breaking in Lakewood, Colorado!

I have finished my packing, my house is all in order for me to turn it over to my friends who watch Saga in my absence, Saga is all washed and dried and happy. Well, that last is not necessarily true. Saga is not happy. First off, Daddy gave her a bath, which she hates, second off, the cases are out in the living room so she is pretty sure that Daddy is leaving again.

But it is a lovely morning!

I woke-up well before my alarm went off at 04:00. So I lay in bed and read until about 05:00. Then, I slipped on some shorts, an aloha shirt, and a pair of sandals and walked down to the park with Saga. The sun is just cresting the horizon as we reach the lake and stopped to breath in the beauty of the day.

The rest of my day will be nowhere near as serene! Later this morning, I begin my travels back to Gatwick. My limo service will be picking me up in a few hours and then I am off to Denver International. From there I fly to Detroit to catch my connection to Gatwick.

Ah! Well, at least right now it is peaceful. I am sitting in my office, sipping my cup of coffee and watching Saga snooze in the easy chair.

I hope that wherever you are today you are having a peaceful day!

Don Bergquist - 26th June 2006 - Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: