Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Tempting Fate

There are times that you want to tempt fate. Then there are times you just want to put on your sleeveless white tee-shirt, smack fate around a bit, and yell at fate: "get in the truck, bitch!"

This later is more descriptive of my actions yesterday. After my phenomenal luck with the airlines at the start of my trip, I figured that it was time to see if luck holds and extends into the realm of healthcare. But I am getting ahead of myself.

The remainder of the flight was excellent (my seat neighbor not withstanding, the flight was good); we arrived at the airport ahead of schedule. There was still a plane at our gate and it had to move before we could deplane, but we were in early. Being that I was sitting right at the bulkhead door, I was the first off the plane when the seal was broken.

There was no crowd ahead of me when I ht immigrations so I was cleared through Passport Control and then through Customs in less than half-an-hour. My car service was waiting when exited duty-free and the traffic on the motorway was zipping along with no sign of trouble.

After a quick shower, I headed into the office and got caught-up on my email and spent a couple hours on tasks that had to be done at the office and then headed home for a nap. Feeling refreshed and ready to face the day, or the night, by this time, I got my bike out and hit the trail to the pub. So, how is this tempting fate? Well, I took the long route (through the park) with the expressed intent of testing my new allergy medications. Time will tell if fate will be kind. For right now, I am sitting in the King's Arms, sipping a Tanglegfoot and feeling fine.

I hope today fate is kind to you, no matter how you treat her!

Don Bergquist - 28 June 2006 - Hampton Court, Middlesex, UK

No comments: