Wednesday, June 07, 2006

It's A Good Thing I'm Not Really Allergic To Anything!

I had to curtail my pub time last night!

My allergies were acting up so badly that I could not stop rubbing my eyes. My nose was completely stopped and I was sneezing every few seconds. Apparently, I am having a reaction to the grasses that are currently blooming.

A few years ago, when I moved to Denver and started having allergies big time, I went to an allergist to be tested for allergies. According to that doctor, I am mildly allergic to grass pollens, mould spores, cat dander and some trees. Nothing serious, nothing sufficient to get the reactions I was reporting at the time. Certainly no serious allergies.

Saying this didn't lessen the symptoms I was experiencing. All I can say is that it is a good thing I am not really allergic to anything! If I were I would be in real agony. As it is, I am popping antihistamines right-and-left. Well, perhaps it will start raining again soon and wash some of this pollen out of the air. (I know, you're thinking I am never happy; it's either raining or I am suffering from hay fever! That's just how I am. But I would rather be damp and at the pub than at home suffering allergies!)

I hope wherever you are today you are free from any symptoms, even those to things to which you aren't really that sensitive!

Don Bergquist - 07th June 2006 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, United Kingdom


(Ah-ah-ahtchoo!)

No comments: