Saturday, June 17, 2006

Lovely Saturday!

It is my last day in the UK this trip. And I could not have asked for a better day too! The weather is gorgeous! The temperatures are fine and the pollen is not quite as extreme as it has been. It is a great day to get out and do things!

Last night after work, I met-up with some friends at a pub over in Hampton Court to watch the Netherlands football team beat the Ivory Coast team in the world cup elimination games. I actually showed-up about fifteen minutes before the end of the game. It was poor planning on my part. I had hoped to show-up fifteen minutes after the end of the game.

It was a late night at the pub last night and I rode home around 01:00. This morning, I got out the bike and took a ride, finished my packing, and was in the process of cleaning up the kitchen after breakfast when one of my colleagues (who is inhabiting the house next week) arrived.

After a nap this afternoon, I am headed over to Molesey for a barbecue that my friends, Angie and Terry, are having today. Tomorrow I take off in the morning and head home. I cannot wait to see Saga again!

I hope your weekend is as pleasant, wherever you are!

Don Bergquist - 17th June 2006 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, United Kingdom

No comments: