Wednesday, April 16, 2008

What A Lovely Evening!

Saga and I sat out last evening after I finished with work and enjoyed the cool, clear evening air. All day it had been lovely. I occasionally turned to look out the window of my home office to see that Saga had take-up her post on the bench by the fence.

She stood sentry; making sure that no nefarious persons came by and did any ill deeds. She was bent on keeping the yard safe for Saga!

When time came for me to call it a day, we went for a nice, long walk and then came home to enjoy the calm of the evening. My neighbor came out as the dusk was setting in and we chatted for a while. It is a shame that this is the last nice evening we are going to have this week… it is predicted to snow by some time tomorrow afternoon. At least I had last evening.

Wherever you are today, I hope that you will never pass-up the opportunity to enjoy a pleasant evening with your friends and loved ones. (Or, indeed, alone.)

Don Bergquist – April 16, 2008 – Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: