Monday, April 14, 2008

My God! It's Full of Stars!

Looking up this morning, as Saga and I were inspecting her domain, I was immediately struck by how lovely the sky was this morning. The clear skies of the past day-or-so have really been nice, a lovely change from the days-upon-days of overcast and oppressive clouds that have dumped rain, snow, and gloom on us.

But the weekend was lovely! I got to spend time outside and got my first sunburn of the spring. I even had an opportunity to get the outside ready for my spring planting… not that I did any actual planting, though! It's not mother's day yet. I've been burned by a deceptively clement early spring before… I'll wait. In the words of our illustrious president:

"Fool me once, uh, shame on you. Fool me twice, uh… well, you won’t fool me twice!"
I'm holding off on planting until I get back from Dad's birthday party at the end of the month. We'll see what it looks like then. But right now, it is so tempting. It is going to be such a lovely day!

Wherever you are today, I hope that you're having a lovely morning!

Don Bergquist – April 14, 2008 – Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: