Monday, April 28, 2008

Manic Monday

It's just shy of 06:30 and already it has been a busy Monday morning!

My water heater (which has been acting strangely, going out for no reason then working fine for days) has given-up the ghost. I am now certain that the problem is with the thermocouple. The pilot goes out, I can restart it, but the burner goes out after about five minutes and the pilot goes out with the burner.

When this started happening (the pilot was going out ever few days), I had a guy out to look at it and he suggested that somehow drafts in the utility room were blowing-out the pilot. As odd as it sounds, it satisfied me and I didn't give it a second thought. This weekend... it became obvious what the problem probably was.

I called for service but as I had the problem on the weekend, the plumber could not come out until today. (I'm using my usual plumbing contractor this time, not the one who came-up with the "drafty utility room" theory.

So, my day has been so busy because, not being able to take a shower this morning (the water coming into my home is at about 40-degrees fahrenheit) I've decided to work from home. So Saga and I took our walk really early, before five, and then I headed into the office, arriving around 05:30; I grabbed some paperwork and my laptop and headed back home. Traffic is surprisingly heavy this morning for some reason. Ah, well! I am home now and need to get to work... Who knows when the plumber will get here. I'm so looking forward to a long, hot shower after the plumber leaves today!

Wherever you are, I hope you're looking forward to something enjoyable today!

Don Bergquist - April 28, 2008 - Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: