Sunday, April 27, 2008

Birthday Party

It is great reconnecting with old friends. Last night, I got together with my friends here in Colorado. My friend, Scott, turns 40 this week and our mutual friends Chris and Amy threw him a birthday party.

What a riot! I got to see some old friends that I haven't seen in years... Many people told me how great it was that I was back from the UK and that I would be around for these things. I have to agree! I have missed these friends very much!

Which is not to say that I do not miss the UK and my friends there... but what can I say. When I get attached to friends, I really become attached. It was a great party (which is to be expected when Chris and Amy throw a party... they are from New Orleans, after all.)

The party lasted until well after midnight. It was after two when I got home. Today is going to be a day of rest and recuperation. It is lovely out and after doing some gardening, getting the car washed and vacuumed, it is time for me to take a walk with Saga in her park. After that, I will probably hang-out with a book or with a movie and just sort-of chill.

Wherever you are today, I hope that your day is a restful one!

Don Bergquist - April 27, 2008 - Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: