Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sunny Sunday

It is a lovely day in Colorado!

We are expecting to have temperatures in the upper sixties and clear skies. But even this late in the year, with the crocuses coloring the gardens, it is not too late for the last snow.

The weather forecasters are warning that we may have another springtime blizzard later-on next week. Ah! But isn't this what we love about living in Colorado?

After a walk with Saga, I am going to spend the day doing some yard work. There are the landscaping rocks that have been pushed into the lawn by the snowplows that I want to move off the grass before they start mowing in a few weeks, and cleaning last year's vines from the dead morning glories to be cleared from inside my fence.

I also want to go and price aspens. I want to expand the stand of quaking aspen that I have started along the walk up to my unit. (They make a lovely shade and privacy screen between my patio and the next building and I love how they look in the fall!)

Other than that, if the temperatures are nice enough, I'll probably take a ride and then sit outside, read a book for a while and just bask in the glory of such a wonderful day!

Wherever you are, I hope that you have a wonderful day to end your weekend!

Don Bergquist - April 13, 2008 - Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: