Monday, April 21, 2008

Sloth Mode

Like the Slug Mode that many of my weekends tend to slip into unbidden, this weekend slipped into full-blown sloth mode. With the exception of some long walks with Saga in her park and a bit of time wandering distractedly around the neighborhood looking at the spring plants coming out, I did absolutely nothing this weekend.

Well, that's not exactly true… Saturday morning started with some spring cleaning and general straightening-up around the house. I watched a few movies, I caught-up on the programs that I record on my DVR but am usually too busy to watch on the weekdays and played a bit with Saga. Later, I sat on my deck and read for a while.

My neighbor came over to chat for a while (and bask in the glorious weather out on my deck) both afternoons. She expressed pleasant surprise at seeing me at home so often. (That's what happens when you used to travel a lot and then start staying home.)

Sunday I did some Laundry and some more spring cleaning. I also organized my shopping list, but by the time I got around to going to the store it was packed (are we expecting a snow storm?) so I decided I would shop Monday after work. Oh! I also called my friend, Bob and helped him suss-out a problem he was having with his computer. (Sunday was Bob's Birthday so I decided to call and wish him a happy birthday. a couple hours later he had a working computer with internet and email again... Happy Birthday, Poppy!)

See, nothing really. It was a relaxing and thoroughly chilled-out weekend. Ah, well… It's Monday again and back to work. I have a pile of scripts to write. I had best get into the office.

Wherever you are today, I hope you had a thoroughly relaxing weekend!

Don Bergquist – April 21, 2008 – Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: