Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Mixed Emotions

Well, it's a mixed-emotion kind of morning.

For the last twelve weeks, I have been spending my Monday evenings at the South Metro Fire Department in the Denver Tech Center, coaching a Dale Carnegie class. I took the class myself about eight years ago when my boss suggested that it would be a good thing to take.

If you ever have any interest in taking a class that will change the way you look at your interpersonal relationships, that will help you feel more comfortable speaking in front of groups, and will give you some tools for helping you organize your thoughts when dealing with tough situations, I highly recommend a Dale Carnegie Class.

I enjoyed the class thoroughly and was asked later that year if I would like to be a graduate assistant. I'd been a GA for four or five classes since then. It is always a lot of work and a big commitment of time, but seeing people develop over a dozen weeks, is incredibly fulfilling.

But last evening was graduation; the class is over. Great! Now what am I to do with my Mondays? (Well, I guess Saga will be glad to have me home for our evening walks on Monday...) What ever I do with my time, I wish the people I have gotten to know over the past twelve weeks all the best. And, if anyone from the class is reading this post, please, do stay in touch!

Wherever you are today, I hope that you're doing well!

Don Bergquist - April 15, 2008 - Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: