Friday, April 25, 2008

Storms (?)

The prediction was for storms, but other than a bit of virga, there was no precipitation that I could note last night.

It was so pleasant when I got home that Saga and I sat out on the Hammock Chair on my deck and watched the clouds form and the streaks of virga shift across the sky above my neighbor's house. It was a lovely way to spend an hour or so, just to sit there and unwind after a hard day of work.

It's not as if my job were physically challenging, other than the occasional need to do some light construction of office equipment and furniture, the most demanding thing I do at the office, physically, is to get cartons of paper out to reload the printer. But what I do is mentally demanding. I have to interpret software design specs, then try and extrapolate how it will work once it is implemented so that I can write test scripts for it.

At least that is what I have been doing for the last six weeks-or-so… It is demanding, but I enjoy it! Not as much as I enjoy a quiet evening sitting in the cool night air of my deck watching the weather, though! I can't wait until it is camping season and Saga and I can get away from the city entirely for the evening.

Wherever you are today, I hope that you have something you can do to help you unwind and relax!

Don Bergquist – April 25, 2008 – Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: