Monday, March 24, 2008

What A Lovely Weekend!

What a lovely weekend! Even Sunday, when it was too cold to ride, it was nice enough that Saga and I went for a nice long walk around both the lakes in her park. She just kept going and going.

If only the weekend could have. It was a lovely weekend and it would have been nice if it had been just a day or two longer. As it is in the UK… they had a bank holiday on Friday and one again today. I imagine that my friends spent a little time in the pub and that they did all manner of wonderful things that I miss.

Sure, the holiday is earlier thus year than it as been in years, but that is the problem with basing holidays on something mutable like the first Sunday after the first full moon after the vernal equinox.

Last year, I spent my Easter with my friends in the UK, we had beers at the Albany – or rather, I had beers at the Albany, they were at the Albion! The plan changed at the last minute and by the time I found out about it, I had already had a beer and was beginning to wonder what was going on.

This year, I spend the weekend with Saga Roo in her park. What a difference. The weather cooperated, the days were pleasant, and the skies were the purest azure. But the weekend is over. I have been out this morning with Saga, the temperatures are clement, the skies are clear. My bike is on the back of the car, so I suppose I should head out and get to the office.

Wherever you are, I hope you had a great weekend and holiday, I hope your week will be spectacular!

Don Bergquist – March 24, 2008 – Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: