Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Snowy Day

Ugh! I really don't want to go out and drive to the office today! It probably looks worse than it is, but it looks bad. Saga and I went to walk in the park this morning and, while the ankle-deep snow does not seem as bad as they thought it would be, Yale Avenue is icy!

Saga could get no purchase! As is her wont, she tried running to the park the moment we got into the street. I had not unlocked the flexi-lead, though so she could not run; she nearly fell over as she lost her footing. I'm glad that I hadn't unlocked the lead; she would have pulled me over had she hit the end of the lead running full speed.

They are saying on the news that you should allow yourself twice your normal commute time today. It's too late for that! If I do not leave now I will not be in the office 'til almost eight! Let's hope that they are talking to people in the seriously outlying areas, there!

Wherever you are today, I hope that you are well and your commute goes smoothly!

Don Bergquist - March 05, 2008 - Lakewood, Colorado, USA

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, it was bad, but not that bad.

Yale (the first three miles of my trip) was pretty icy, but it is a neighborhood side-street. Sheridan was better, but still snow-packed in most places. That surprises me, Sheridan is a major north-south route on that side of town… I would have expected it to be better cleared. At least it is only about three miles of the trip. There was one guy who decided that he just had to whip around me going at least forty in a thirty-five zone. I guess he didn't like the fact that I was going only thirty. Unfortunately he came back in where the road was a bit icy and snowy… he hit the curb, fishtailed and recovered (doing about twenty). Wanker! The rest of the way was much better.

Both Morison Road and Alameda Avenue were nice and clean! But for the wanker who parked his (or her) SUV at the train station so as to take up three spaces the trip would have been no problem. I mean, I am certain that he could not see the lines, but did he have to park diagonally across three spaces?

He did leave me enough room to just barely pull into the end space. There is only about two inches between my front bumper and his… and at least four feet between his back bumper and mine. I am all the way against the curb. I have his tag number in case he cannot get out without hitting me and pictures of his abysmal parking job.

Well, I need to get back to work… have a great day!

djb