Thursday, March 27, 2008

Evening Rides

After a few nights of pleasant, warm, clear, and dry evenings, they care calling for a windy, wet day and evening. Bummer!

After getting home from the office this week, I've been hopping on the bike and going for a ride along the creek. I've ridden up to the lower limits of the dam, and down as far as the grade crossing where the greenbelt temporarily gives way to the suburbs.

I had been trying to ride at the office at lunchtime, but the roads are pretty crowded with manic drivers. In the interest of safety, I decided not to continue that routine.

Interestingly, in the day that the bike has been off the back of the car, the on-board computer has changed its estimate of my average fuel mileage from 40 to 41.5 mpg. The bike and bike rack on the back of the car significantly eats into my gas mileage… I guess the best plan of action is to leave the bike at home and ride at night after work.

Wherever you are today, I hope your weather is conducive to whatever it is you want to do out in it!

Don Bergquist – March 27, 2008 – Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: