Thursday, March 06, 2008

Changes

I read somewhere once that life is the accumulated changes that happen to a person as they travel through the world. Or perhaps I made that up, I can't tell anymore. But it can hardly be an entirely original thought, now can it?

Geez! How many changes I have seen! When I started this job the company was based in Memphis, Tennessee; the job was one of supporting some nice, but well established (read "old" software. Since that time, my job has changed about a dozen times; the company has probably had half-a dozen names (due to countless mergers); the company has been housed in three different buildings (in three different cities: Memphis, Golden, and Denver); and there have been tons of other changes.

I'm thinking of change because my office (in Denver, at Harris, not the one that I am sitting in, here in Lakewood) is in the process of a move. We're moving to the Denver Tech Center – south of downtown by perhaps fifteen miles-or-so.

My office is full of boxes. My roommates are mostly packed-up; Monday we will have new offices. My desk is almost completely ready, I have left out only the things I will need for today at the office. This afternoon, I plan to bring my laptop home with me. I would prefer not to be in the office tomorrow there will be far to much activity for me to be productive at the office.

But today, I have things to do that require me to be there, so I had best wrap this up and get to the office.

Wherever you are today, I hope that all your changes are good ones!

Don Bergquist – March 06, 2008 – Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: