Sunday, February 19, 2006

Waiting...

Okay, so there was a slight factual error yesterday in my blog. Yesterday, when I said that the part of the trip I cannot stand is the last full day in a place, I'll admit that I was not being entirely up-front.

This is the part of the trip that I really hate! My bags are packed and by the kitchen door. I've reconfirmed my reservations, checked to make sure that what I am taking is secure and ready to go and what I am leaving behind is organized and put away and now I wait.

Those of you who do not travel for a living probably do not realize this but business travel is not all restaurants and sight-seeing. There is a lot of waiting involved. Waiting for cabs, busses, cars, planes, and trains. Anyone who knows me, I am not a patient person. I hate to wait. But today will be mostly waiting.

I'm waiting for my car to come and collect me for the drive to Gatwick. Where I will wait for the sign to announce that I may check-in for my flight. After which I will go to the concourse and wait for the announcement that I can proceed to the departure lounge and (wait for it!) there I will wait for the plane to board. After boarding I will wait for take-off. Upon landing, I'll have to wait to collect my stuff and go to Immigrations and passport control where I will wait to announce that I have nothing to declare, wait for my baggage, wait to check-it in for my domestic flight, wait for that flight, and then wait for my flight to Denver.

The last time I will wait on this trip will be about ten-thirty tonight (about twenty-hours from now) when I wait for the shuttle to take me home. I should get home some time shortly after eleven tonight. (Denver Time) It is currently three in the morning over there.

I cannot wait! I'm looking forward to seeing Saga.

I hope that wherever you are today, you have something worth waiting for!

Don Bergquist - 19-February-2006 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, United Kingdom

No comments: