Monday, February 27, 2006

Like I Never Left

We arrived late yesterday and then there was a hassle trying to get through Customs. They think I am coming here too often to be considered a visitor and suggested that the next time I come over I may be required to get a work visa. By the time I got to the house in Thames Ditton it was already noon.

I quickly unpacked and put my room in order. Putting the things I brought for my friends into my messenger bag so I could bring it to the pub with me, I lay down for a quick nap. Around 16:00 I got up and headed out for a bike ride.

I should have headed into Surbiton and done some grocery shopping but I was more eager to head out and see if the parks are blooming yet. (They aren't - but seem close.) I rode for about an hour and then returned home to grab my bag and take the stuff I bought in the US for my friends to them at the pub.

It was a welcome homecoming! We sat by the big fireplace and exchanged stories and toasts until about 21:00 and then I headed home to crash and burn. The bed felt really good last night when I finally got into it and turned-out the lights I was already asleep!

Today I resume working on my project work here in Thames Ditton. I cannot wait to see if I have stuff to test! I guess I had best pack my PC and get into the office.

I hope wherever you are today you have a great time!

Don Bergquist - 27-February-2006 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: