Saturday, February 18, 2006

Last Day in the UK/Celebration Mach II

Well, it is my last day of this trip. The weather has been wonderful, it has been great being here for the last eight weeks. I will miss my friends and my pub when I head back to the states tomorrow morning. This is the part of the trip that I really could do without.

I want to see my dog, my friends back in the states, and my home again, but I am leaving behind my new friends, my second (or third, fourth - depends on how you want to count it) home and, of course, my pub.

I love the pub culture here. I wish someone would come-up with one in my area. Pubs are not bars, as we know them in the states, they are social meeting places with beer.

Last night I went out clubbing with a friend here in London and was out until about three this morning. A friend of mine found out that it had been my birthday and wanted to celebrate with me. It was fun! We went to a couple different places. One was this fantastic dance club with lasers, fog, and a really good DJ. Needless to say, I slept in 'til nearly seven thirty this morning!

I hope wherever you are, you have something to celebrate today!

Don Bergquist - 18-February-2006 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, United Kingdom

No comments: