Thursday, February 16, 2006

Happy Birthday to...

I think I will go and have a beer at the pub! What am I saying? Of course I am going to go get a beer today! It's my birthday!

At 08:18 AM eastern standard time, 16-February-1962 the world changed. Possibly not much. Some probably think nor for the better, but let's not waste time on them. At that time, I decided to grace you with my presence.

I know that there are those of you who wish I would just go away, but like the last group referenced, you're not the subject of this either.

I want to thank my mother that she went through all that pain and suffering for my benefit; just so that I could be here today. And that is not to mention that on top of all that, she also went through nine months of pregnancy and hours of labor!

Thanks to all who have helped me become what I am today. (Some say "a pain in the ass". But for the last time, they're not worth discussing!) I hope the next forty-four years are as filled with wonderful (and sometimes painful) memories as the first forty-four have been.

Tonight I have plans to meet some friends for dinner. We're going over to Esher to have Nepalese food. (This will be another first for me.) I guess that will be what I write about tomorrow.

Wherever you are today, I hope you have something to celebrate!

Don Bergquist - 16-February-2006 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, United Kingdom

Editor's Note:

The editor wishes to make it known that the actual age of Mr. Bergquist is 28 (when calculated in base 13). Please think of him as 28. It would make him grin. And we all want that, don't we?

No comments: