Sunday, February 05, 2006

Missing Saga

I once took a class on public speaking that included the assignment to talk about the love of your life. Being a bit of a frustrated comedian, I talked about the love of my life (at the time).

She and I went everywhere together! It was truly love at first site. I saw here and had to have her. She and I just fit together and I knew that we were the match.

Then she left me. Some guy stole her away and I was crushed. Even though I got her back, it was never the same. So when it came time to trade her in on my new car, I was ready to do so. - Oh, you didn't know I was talking about my car, right? It was a 1980 Chrysler Le Barron convertible.

I think if I had to give that speech again, I'd talk about the bitch I live with. She loves me and I love her. It is the one thing about traveling that really makes me wonder if I really want to be traveling as much as I am.

I miss Saga so much when I am on the road.

Don't get me wrong, I would not want to miss-out on the adventures I have had over here or the friends I have made, but I certainly do miss her.

I miss her getting so excited when I come home from work. Number 8 Cholmley Villas is nice, but it is dark and cold when I get home. It does not have the excitement of never knowing whether Saga will be sitting just inside the door, staring out the bedroom window and come bounding down the stairs, or be sitting on the comfy chair staring out the living room window barking at me.

This weekend I would have loved taking Saga to the park. She would love running around in the park, trying to herd the livestock there. (Probably illegal, but I am pretty sure that she would not concern herself with that.)

I am loving my time in London, but...

I hope that wherever you find yourself today, you are with the ones who love you and the ones you love!

Don Bergquist - 04-February-2006 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, United Kingdom

No comments: