Thursday, February 23, 2006

Oh, Yes! They Know!

If you have ever wondered if you pets can read your mind, let me settle your quandary. Yes. They can! Saga can, I am convinced that she knows that I am going away again in a couple days for another eight weeks in the UK.

She has been incredibly clingy all week. She follows me into every room I go into and never strays from my side for long. I know that you may think she is just living off the trauma of my being gone so long, but I think that she really knows that I am about to leave again.

If she has not actually read my mind, then she has noticed that I didn't put away my case as I normally do when I get home. It is still sitting in the living room and is being re-filled with clothing as they come out of the washing machine. She's either psychic or very observant.

This morning, she showed me that she doesn't want me to go by waking me up at three. I have no idea what the deal was, but she came tearing up to bed and pounced on me! She jumped into the empty space to my right, crawled over the pillows at the head of the bed (stepping on my face in the process), and finally nudging herself under the quilts and snuggled into the crook of my arm. Perhaps she was dreaming that I was gone and needed to reassure herself that I was still there.

I am going to miss her when I go back to the United Kingdom next week. Nobody is that excited to see me when I show-up at home in Thames Ditton.

I hope wherever you are, you have someone who is excited to see you!

Don Bergquist - 23-February-2006 - Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: