Saturday, July 14, 2012

Stopping For The Night


Saga is snoring at the foot of the bed in the hotel. It must be tiring riding around in the kennel all day, occasionally whinging; as if asking me when it will be time to stop. Perhaps this is a dogs way of repeating “Are we there yet!?”

No wonder I am tired! I got in, checked into the hotel, walked the dog, unpacked the few things I need for the night, took a quick shower, and headed down to the pool for a swim. It is HOT outside, and the sun is beating down on the walkways outside. I assumed from my total lack of paying attention to such things, that it was mid-afternoon. It is, in fact, just short of seven and according to the time stamp on my receipt from the hotel, I have been here just under an hour. So, as I say, no wonder I am so tired: Saga and I left home just about twelve hours ago.

It has been a long day of driving and although the drive was lovely, it also ate-up a lot of time. By either of my usual routes, I should be in I-29 near the turn-off to head east into Minnesota. Instead of being just over an hour from Dad’s place, I am just over half-way there.

But the day and the drive have been lovely, I have seen things and places that I have not seen before, so all-in-al, not a bad day! In fact, I would say it has been an excellent day full of an entertaining book on audio, and the company of my pooch. Who could ask for more? I think it is time to turn in now so I will close this out.

Wherever you are today I hope you have had an excellent day!

Don Bergquist – July 14, 2012 – Murdo, South Dakota, USA

No comments: