Saturday, July 14, 2012

Departure


Perhaps it is just that I am getting older, but I no longer am so hot and bothered about what time I get rolling when I leave on a trip. There was a time that if I had found myself still sitting here in Lakewood at five in the morning on departure day I would have been beside myself for not having left “on time”

Sure I would have preferred to be half-way to the Colorado by this time, but then I would prefer to be younger, richer, and better looking than I am – we can’t always get what we want! Instead I have gotten an hour to relax and drink a cup of coffee and play with the dog as I get ready to get on the road. There were a couple calls that I wanted to make before getting on the road.

Besides, it is always good to play with the dog before she has to kennel-up for the rest of the day! And I like to see a weather report for the drive. It appears that we have good roads and HOT temps all the way into Minnesota. So I best get this saved off and get myself on the road.

Wherever you are today I hope you are starting your day in a leisurely fashion as befits your needs.

Don Bergquist – July 14, 2012 – Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: