Monday, July 23, 2012

Monday, Monday

How did I get so accustomed to the time so quickly!? It has been five days since I had to count on the alarm waking me up. I do not get it!

Though, I am sleeping like the dead here in Minnesota. There is something about sleeping with the windows open; the cool night air carrying in the sounds from the woods outside my window and the cries of the loons on the lake beyond.

It is Monday again, but it was an absolutely gorgeous weekend! We went to the Millerville Butter Days festival at the church of the Seven Dolars on Sunday. It was just a an amazing day, the kind of day you expect to see on a post card. The sky was the truest blue, the grain in the fields shone like gold and the fields (those not desiccated through lack of rain) were an amazing green.


They had a barrel train for the kids to ride and games for all ages – they even had a Cake Walk! I haven’t seen a Cake Walk in YEARS!

The only down side was that it was hot! It was 100° in the shade – HOT! The heat didn’t do my step-mom much good, and we had to spend much of the time in the cool of the dining room. But the food was good and we had a nice dinner.

Then last night we were treated to a lovely sunset. The sky started out gold and then faded through maroon to purple. University of Minnesota colors – not that I care, but it was a lovely sky!

This morning, I was at the computer getting a couple things done before it was time to get Dad into town for his medical appointments. I had to check my email from the office, prioritize my day so that I could get everything in and – well, you know, return to the reality of the work-a-day world! But the morning gold touching the trees across the lake was worth a peek as well.

Wherever you are today I hope that you can take a moment out of your day to enjoy the beauty around you!

Don Bergquist – July 23, 2012 – Kensington, Minnesota, USA




No comments: